An accessible website means that the website is usable and understandable by every citizen with or without disabilities. Europe imposed rules for this on all government websites. MeMo Monument strives to make its websites accessible, according to national legislation transposing Directive (EU) 2016/2102 of the European Parliament and the Council. In the UK, accessibility on public sector websites and derived sites such as MeMo is expected to meet a minimum of WRAG 2.1 Level AA.
Measures to improve accessibility
We have implemented the following measures to increase the accessibility of our website:
- Accessibility 'By Design': The platform used to build our website was developed with accessibility in mind.
- Still existing editorial problems cannot be solved after 28/02/2023 because of the end of the project.
- Knowledge of employees: We will inform our employees as well as possible so that they are able to maintain the accessibility of our website until 28/02/2023. After 28/02/2023, this can no longer be done because of end of project duration.
Level of compliance with accessibility standard
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) contains the required accessibility standards for people with disabilities. There are three levels at which one can implement these rules: level A, level AA and level AAA. We are partially compliant with WCAG 2.1 level A. Partially compliant because there are some parts of our website that are not fully compliant with these rules:
- One button has no visible text.
- One form field has no label.
Limitations and alternatives
We have done our best to make the entire website and all documents accessible to everyone. Nevertheless, we have not been completely successful in doing so. If you would like additional information about these documents, please send an email to email@example.com.
Problems with accessibility?
Due to the end of the project on 31/03/2023, the accessibility of this website cannot be improved after 28/02/2023.
The accessibility of our website has been checked using the Wave tool.
Formal endorsement of this accessibility statement
This accessibility statement was prepared by MeMo Monument on 03/06/2022. If you have any questions or comments you can always contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This accessibility statement was last revised on 03/06/2022.